Wednesday, August 11, 2004

In my life there's been heartache and pain

I don't really have too much to say, but i've felt compelled to make an entry. My apartment is just starting to feel like home. Among my loserish qualities that include: only eating cereal out of a deep bowl and the need to use utensils with handles that are not metal, is the part of me that takes forever to feel comfortable unpon moving into a new apartment. Even if i clean up as soon as i get tbere is takes me a minute to really feel like it's home.

i really enjoy my new neighborhood. I can see that i won't be doing much driving too and that is a huge plus! Being right across the street from the metro is an amazing thing

On the down side, my drinking has once again skyrocketed. i'd like to think that once school starts i'll "focus" but i don't really know if that'll happen. It's to the point where i was in the drugstore, sick from a cold and angry with the medicine selection because you couldn't take it if you consumed alcohol. I often wonder if i am "self medicating" again to overcompensate for my ADD. As a result i've put myself back on the Ritalin. Hopefully i'll be able to get an appointment with a doctor as soon as school starts so that i can renew my perscription. I guess when i lived with brooks i felt it was ok to drink because he was drinking with me. now that he's quit, i'm becoming very aware of just how much i drink and how much i think about drinking.

Off to make pina coladas