Thursday, August 05, 2004

I Got Some Shit to Say

There are a lot of things that i can't tolerate, hell i talk about that shit here on a daily basis. But there is one thing that i have always hated and that has always rubbed me the wrong way.

I cannot stand a fairweather friend. Friends are there with you thru thick and thin. They have your back through any situation. They don't disappear when times get rough and miraculously reappear when the storm clouds disappear. People that care about you don't talk shit about you behind your back and are at least man enough to contact you on a regular basis, not just when things start getting better, and they damn sure don't go to a third part source for info on you.

To avoid any confusion... yes i am addressing a situation between my former roommates. Yes I know that the reason for the fair weatherness will be blamed on me (i.e. If Mo wasn't such a bitch we coulda been friends all along) but truth be told... i don't give a damn.

For almost a year, I was made to feel like i was the bad person because i chose to make a decision. As a result i endured rude comments, disrespect and overall discomfort. Did i make y'all feel uncomfortable in the process? Of course, and for that i apologize. But i didn't deserve 80% of the shit i went through, and 2 of us know it. But i shouldered the responsibility for it and continued to do my best to keep shit going. You on the other hand chose to treat us like minor annoyances in your day. Sure, if i wasn't around you'd speak to him, but because my presence made you so ill, you had to treat him like shit too for the sake of getting back to me.

Today he's "your guy" but two weeks ago you would walk past him without speaking? That shit is hella lame if you ask me.

GZ, congrats man. I know you aren't "there" yet, but you're definitely on the way. You and I have been thru it in the short amount of time i've known you and i wouldn't change a thing

DK, congrats for you too. You have found someone who you truly love and who you can build with on a spiritual level. That shit is real and i wish you all the best on it.

I got 3 more days and then i'm all about school.... The loose ends are tying up nicely

Peace