Tuesday, August 26, 2003


Patience


So I've decided to make some changes in my life. I once read somewhere that when you decided to make changes there will be those people that support you wholeheartedly - those are the ones that you should keep around. But there are others who will complain, sabotage and fight to keep you the same - those are the ones you let go of. AMEN


I'm tired of being out of control of my life. i can't focus, i'm scared to succeed and scared to fail. I see that certain people are being put into my life to teach me valuable lessons and I'd be a fool if i didn't learn from them. I am currently working on patience and self control. These are two of my biggest obstacles. I have to have it all NOW... I need to get over that quickly.

How am I planning on acheiving it? A number of ways. First of all, I'm going on a seven day fast. It starts tomorrow. It isn't long but for me it's a huge deal. I'll be drinking juices and water, but for at least two days I plan to do nothing but water. Additionally i'm delaying my gratification on things. For example i usually pounce on personal emails. I'm making it a point to finish whatever i'm doing before i open them. I'm also staying away from my favorite website for a week. It takes up too much of my time so i want to show myself that I don't need it.

Hopefully by this time next week i'll understand myself even better.