Friday, May 03, 2002

Me

I think I spend an inordinate amount of time trying to figure out what's wrong with me I was visiting Paige's Blog and some things struck a nerve with me. I realize that I spend a lot of time asking for and/or demanding attention. At first i used to go with the whole I'm just spoiled thing but is that really "acceptable"? I think that my problem is that I always expect people to give me what I give them whether it be attention, time, love or foot massages. Trouble is not everyone is me thank God so not everyone is going to do what I do and I can't judge them as "bad" because they aren't like me, that's not fair to them. I think that sometimes I set impossible standards for people because I have to feel like they don't like me... That sounds crazy but it's like my own self esteem issues make it hard for me to imagine that people like me, so I make sure they don't (thanks Paige for the insight). The question is how do you go from years of distrust and low self esteem to being able to understand that people do like you and that you don't have to constantly push them away?