Monday, July 12, 2004

Weekend Recap

I don't even know where to begin except to say that the fun i had almost made the exhaustion worth it.

This weekend was Dae and Sha's b-day weekend (Dae Thursday, Sha Saturday) so we tried to do it big for both of em. Now to say that i am stressed about my move would be a severe understatement so i was a bit cold to the idea of not doing move stuff this weekend, but i decided to let go and do my best. soooo Thursday night we hung out with Dae at a pretty chill spot in Adam's Morgan. It wasn't for as long as i would have liked but it was a chill spot and the DJ was on point. Friday was Modern for Sha's bday. That was a good time as well. Everyone showed their asses lovely and it was an all around good party... except for the 21 year old that tried to put me on lock for a bit...

Saturday Saturday Saturday... the infamous King's Dominion trip. i don't even know what to say about the trip. The highlights for me were the chicken pass, the bottomless cup, and Dodgem... but i don't even feel like getting into details. But yeah by Saturday night i was too exhausted to move. The combination of the 11 of us in that park + Kanye East made for good times and lots of laffs.

In moving news, it's coming along slowly but surely. I went to Target today with my mom and brother. They were there to buy a wedding present. My mom wanted to buy me something for the new apt but the truth is she just didn't have the money to do it. It hurt me to see her so frustrated because she hasn't been able to put any money towards the move or school. I've tried to tell her that she's done enough over the past 28 years, but i know she still feels like she's failing me. As much I wanted to do big things with this move i needed to weigh a lot of factors, namely location, safety, and location.... o and location. This spot is 2 metro stops (5 minutes) from school so that's a plus. There were some other spots that i was considering but after checking apartmentratings.com, i knew they weren't for me. I know that people tend to use that service to complain, but comparing places i've lived to that list i can see that most of the complaints are valid. At any rate, i am in love with my new apt (hotel as sha called it) and I'm glad i chose it.

I think that's it for now... although i'll prolly update later with other stuff that's on my mind.