Tuesday, July 06, 2004

R.I.P. Barney Smart

Barney Smart, Director of bands at Hampton University, passed away last Friday. The time i spent at Hampton University in the Marching Band was part of what kept me sane. The friends I made there, and the time that i spent there taught me a lot about myself. One thing i will always remember about Mr. Smart was the level of respect that he required we maintain at all times. It can't be an easy task to keep 200+ college students in line, but he always managed to do it. There's so much more i feel about his passing, but the words aren't coming to me right now.

In the event that any Marching Pirates are reading this, please feel free to email me or to use the "comments" section to share your memories. Also, please feel free to add to the Guestbook provided by The Daily Press

God Bless

Rest In Peace Barney Smart