Tuesday, June 22, 2004

I've Learned (c) Signifire

(Yo, I've learned) 12 hours of sleep can still leave you restless
(And I've learned) That patience wasn't a virtue I've been blessed with
(And I've learned) Not to mix bad moods and heavy drugs, it's just because it turns a negative spiral and makes me come undone
(And I've learned) That job searches often end in migraines
(Yo, I've learned)To drop girls who try to mess with mind games
(And I've learned) That when some cats lose a feeling that's good they try to replace something that's real with a material good
(I've learned) That all cats aren't created equal
(And I've learned) At times you just can't relate to people
(And I've learned) Perceptions differ in all peeps, so you can't just treat another in the manner that you wanna be
(Yeah I've learned) Not to confuse love and lust
(And I've learned)There are a few cats I can trust
(And I've learned)That things'll depend on what you grow with, cats are ignorant as sh*t but at the same time they don't know it.
(Yo, I've learned) At times its best to deal with it alone
(And I've learned) Not to stress sh*t you can't control
(And I've learned) That places aren't really melting pots, more like separate pots chillin on the same stove
(And I've learned) That people don't know they limitations
(Yo, I've learned) You can't blame it on, "But I was wasted"
(And I've learned) That alcohol extends a personality so when I say you have some issues please attempt not to get mad at me

(And I've learned) That everything out there can be questioned
(Yeah I've learned) With true love also comes a best friend
(Yo, I've learned) That most of the mass is out for status and a cat'll front aggressive when in reality he's passive
(And I've learned) To stop makin bets against the Lakers
(And I've learned) I dig females who blaze herb
(Yeah, I've learned) That it's easier to forgive than forget and in a way I guess I lied when I said no regrets
(I've learned) A tree sprouted from the root of evil
(And I've learned) To hit speed bags instead of people
(Yeah, I've learned) That happiness runs contigent to hopes and if you don't look hard enough you'll never really see growth
(And I've learned) How to write life instead of lyrics
(Yeah, I've learned) How you can't judge by one's appearance
(And I've learned) That mad heads are scared to have opinions and would rather nod a head or try to say some sh*t to fit in
(And I've learned) Not to conform to the majority
(Yo, I've learned) How I have a problem with authority
(Kid, I've learned) The media can get mad synthetic but it's the individuals choice to accept it or reject it
(And I've learned) The pedestals a beautiful girl can get
(And I've learned) Not to mix alcohol and percocets
(And I've learned) That happiness is more than just wealth and never depend on someone else more than yourself