Thursday, January 01, 2004


161 161 161 161 161 161

I don't really know what to say right now except 161!!!! i got a 161 on my LSAT. Now some ppl will look at that score and turn up there noses... EFF THEM! The perfection of getting that number is AMAZING... let's go back in time shall we.

In October 2003, I took the LSAT for the first time. I felt bad about it. The testing center conditions were horrible, I hadn't studied like i was supposed to. I wasn't focused and I wasn't confident. The result? A 152... 54th percentile. The score was so terribly average i wanted to scream and cry (and i did both). Shortly before my test, i had started seeing a Psychologist and was on my way to being diagnosed with ADD... yes a 27 yo woman with a little kid's disorder. Shortly after my less than stellar LSAT performance I received a perscription for Ritalin....

I retook the LSAT at the beginning of December. I went into it more prepared, I was doing well on practice tests and I felt like i knew what i was doing. The morning of the test things started to unravel. I lost my registration, they were late letting us in... it seemed like everything was going wrong again. But i calmed myself and pushed through it. There was a whole section that i guessed... an.entire.section... but I moved on....

When I was doing my applications, a lot of them asked that if you took the test twice, and score ten points higher or more on the retake, that you should submit an additional essay, your score can be reviewed and even questioned... i still wanted my 164, but i didn't know if they would believe my story of "the Ritalin did it"

Last night at 11:39pm i logged on and saw my score 161... good enough to SIGNIFICANTLY increase my chances of acceptance, and just under the point where i would be questionned... I have two new schools to apply to and things are looking up. I went from the 54th percentile, to the 85th and that is how i got my swagger back!!!!