Sunday, March 24, 2002

HAIR

What exactly is hair. I mean I know WHAT hair is but what is its significance? I know people defined by their hair... I know people that don't feel right if they have a hair out of place. But what IS it about hair that makes it so important? I used to LOVE my hair... Through all of the bad shit that I have been thru I held on to my hair... ignoring it when it was sick... Loving it when it appeared healthy. My hair hid bruises, it changed who I was... or so I thought. Hair is kinda like makeup to most people. It kinda covers up what's really going on. Have you ever looked at people's hair? People who are in control of their lives tend to have really great hair... People who's lives are in shambles tend to have really bad hair. lol. I guess i shouldn't laugh, but it's kinda funny to me that those "out of control" folks will go to great lengths to try to fix their hair.

What people don't seem to realize that hair is more than that. If your hair is unhealthy it's probably because you're unhealthy. Your hair reflects your personality and is connected to your soul. My hair was unhealthy, it was engative. My hair had years of bad living in it. It felt badit made me feel bad, even on "good" hair days,, hell even on "excellent" hair days, there was always something wrong.
I finally realized what my hair was. It was a negative force. It held in negativity... so I got rid of it. I cut it all off.
I thought it'd be weird. I thought I'd regret it, but I can't stop smiling. I absolutely love it. I'm not sure what my next step will be, but I'll figure something out.

This change has given me AMAZING strength. I hope that I can continue to grow and learn about myself.