Sunday, October 10, 2004

Bits and Pieces

The lady that came to see my apartment submitted her application on Saturday and I should have an answer by Monday. I hope and pray that she will be approved and that I won't be required to pay the $3500 "move out fee".

My nephew is a genius... just like his aunt. It's actually scary how much he and i have in common... tons of talent and little desire to put any effort into any of it. At any rate he got a 1260 on his SAT (he's retaking it because he wants to do better) and he's applying to colleges. I'm positive he'll get a free ride somewhere and i hope he makes the most of it.

My family is also very pissed at me. The idea that is circulating is that I don't want them to come to the wedding. I tried to be logical and explain that they don't have the money to come to the wedding. I tried to be selfish and explain that i don't have the money to have the wedding here. I try to be diplomatic and explain that everyone is invited to the reception. They're not hearing any of it. I'm upset because of the amount of guilt they're putting on me and sometimes i get very vindictive and think that i shouldn't have told them anyway. But i know they are my fam and that they love me and that's the only reason why they're upset so i deal with it.

When i talked to my mom a couple of weeks ago she told me that in Saudi Arabia they sometimes let prisoners go during Ramadan and that my nephew might be one of those granted amnesty. I sincerely hope and pray that that is the case. In response to that news, i decided to do a 7 day juice and water fast and then the traditional fast for the rest of Ramadan. It was the only way that i could think of to be close to him so i decided to try it out. I have also invited some other people to join me so we'll see what happens.