Friday, April 30, 2004


My Crew

It seems as if a member of my infamous crew will be making a trek up here this weekend and i cannot wait. We had a long talk the other night about college and how much freakin fun we had. It made me realize just how glad i am that i went to a black school. From what i can see from my friends that went to other schools, all the black ppl had to hang around together... the frats were a HUGE part of everything that had to do with black folks and the folks seemed pretty homogenous. Granted there were some differences but they seem slight. At Hampton I realized that there are so many types of black people that its amazing.

We talked alot about the fun times we had and how much things have changed since then. Of course he had to bring up how they used to annoy me because they were so damned immature. I was like the mother hen. Not bossy, not stuck up, but just the one that watched out for everyone and made sure they were all ok. I miss those days to a certain degree. It was nice to be surrounded by a group of people, all very different and yet so much alike. I miss the spontanaeity of college. I miss just going to VA Beach and chillin. I miss being around people that know me and know what the lines are. The funniest shit he brought up was about me and my sharing tendencies. It was a known fact that i don't like people touching my shit. So they didn't... and i didn't share food for shit... unless you asked me first... taking my food and reading my magazines before me were like two of the worst things you could do. But folks knew that so they didn't push the line.

I hate living in a place where i have to lock my room door because a roommate doesn't know that knocking doesn't mean automatic entry. I hate living in a place where you can ask someone not to eat the last of something and they do it anyway... shit like that really irks me. But that's ok. I live with one of my best friends and he makes it very bearable. He reminds me a lot of KG. They have so much in common it's crazy. But i definitely appreciate all he's done for me and God knows i'm gonna miss him when he's gone.