Monday, February 23, 2004


Friendship


I think that a previous entry may have unnecessarily hurt someone that i care a lot about so i'd like to take a couple minutes to say some things about her that need to be said...

Leena is a saint... kinda... she's a saint like i'm a saint (he he). Leena has ridden shotgun in my life longer than anyone i know. Whether it be literally (I see you in that gray Cavalier and the Monte Carlo) or figuratively she's been there thru some pretty tough times and for that I am SINCERELY grateful. There are things that you probably don't think I remember but i do. i know who was there for me the day i found out Jay died and i know who laughed and joked with me about my mother's "you can't wear a strapless dress" comment. I remember who fought with me for our rights at Massanutten (we were just playing Monopoly!!) and who had to ride around in that van that smelled like a skunk! There have been bad times as well but please believe me when i say that i love you and that i always will.

We are travelling different paths right now but it seems like we are both acheiving the goals that we have set for ourselves and that's what's important. I know that sometimes I am a bit critical because you aren't doing the things that I think you should, and that's not fair. You've been doing a pretty good job at ignoring me though, and i think that's a skill that you've honed over the last 15 yrs :)

So here's to you, Leena!!! My third sister!