Wednesday, July 30, 2003



Love


I was scanning a website when I came across this definition of the word love,

"the will to extend one's self for the purpose of nurturing one's own or another's spiritual growth. Love is as love does. Love is an act of will-namely, both an intention and an action. Will also implies choice. We do not have to love. We choose to love."


That goes against some things that I had previously believed, i always believed that we cannot choose who we fall in love with. But what if that is not the truth? What if we knowingly choose those people that we want to love? I know that we can draw people into our lives with our thoughts, but what about bringing someone to love into your life? I guess it makes sense, but i never thought of it that way.

But that leads to another question - if we choose to love, can we choose not to? In relationships that are dangerous, unwise or otherwise unhealthy can we say, "ok i'm going to stop loving this person now?" That seems a bit difficult for me to comprehend because if that was the case, there are situations that I would never find myself in.


Two entries in one day... i don't think i've ever done that before...