Wednesday, January 15, 2003

Well Happy New Year!

It seems to be going ok so far. Actually that's not exactly true. My new year started off sort of rough.. turbulent even. I went through a period of time where i couldn't seem to get ahold of anything! I mean I was just out of control... frustrated... angry... you name it. TONS of negativity. That seems to have passed somewhat but even now I still feel a bit on edge. Not really sure why though. I haven't heard anyone else mention anything similar so I guess it's just me.

School started recently and that seems like it's going to be ok this semester. Teachers seem like they might actually teach me something which is refreshing since I haven't had much of a challenge since I started there. I mean it's nice to have a great GPA but a bit of knowledge would be nice as well.

2003 is going to be all about focusing on my goals. Which would be fine if I knew what they were. I think that the ones that are obvious will be easiest... get a house, finish school... but the less tangible ones will be a lot more difficult - find a career, get a good paying job... things like that won't be so easy.

I'm also going to work on getting some more friends and being more independent. I feel like I am slowly but surely tightening a noose around brooks' neck and I don't think it's much fun for either of us...so i will try to give him more space.

Needless to say, this should be an interesting year.