Tuesday, January 21, 2003

Two weeks into the semester and somehow I have already managed to fall behind. I'm not sure if this is a general lack of motivation or a resentment towards my school. I have been somewhat skeptical of the level of education that i had been receiving. I even went so far as to purposely try to fail a class to see if it could be done. (It worked thank goodness!) This time around the teachers seem to have a purpose but one can never be too sure. At any rate I have failed to complete two assignments already and not having a printer at home is only giving me more of an excuse not to keep up. I guess i really need to suck it up and push through this because i really do want this degree.

I spent Saturday afternoon listening to my parents discuss their funeral arrangements and how they'd like to have things handled. Call me selfish but it really pissed me off. I have always had issue with my parents having me so late in life. I always felt like i had been cheated out of normalcy because they were so much older. Sitting there listening to them plan this and that infuriated me. I felt like my brother and sisters all had it better than me because they got to have more time with them. I know it's selfish but i wouldn't be being honest if i didn't acknowledge the feeling. I guess it's something that i need to overcome.