Tuesday, July 23, 2002

I guess it's time to get more focused. I am at that point in the cycle of my life where I need to find some sense of direction and purpose. My friend Olga has found her way to Europe... Just up and left. And i am THRILLED for her! But at the same time I am somewhat disappointed in myself. I have always seen myself as someone who lived for the moment, who did things on a whim... but these days i don't feel so cool. I guess i am going through a quarter-life crisis... and damn is it frustrating. I was talking to my best friend and he was basically going through the same thing... although it's comforting to have someone to talk to and share this with, it doesn't make it any easier.
When I look back on my life i have soooo many regrets. I should have done this, i should have not done that. It's all so frustrating. I see so many people around me running from their mistakes, looking for solace in other things - school, money, relationships, drugs, alcohol. I don't want to be like that. I want to look back on my life and have no regrets and know that I did it on my own, without having "needed" anything!

*sigh*

When does this cycle end? I'm tired of bitching.