Friday, April 05, 2002

I think I'm kinda bummed out today. My coworker has had her kids kidnapped by her ex husband. I'm not sure of everyone's religious/spiritual convictions, but please keep her and her situation in your thoughts.

Hearing her talk about her life with him brought back a lot of memories for me. I honestly feel sorry for people who feel the need to abuse others. I think that it comes from their feeling of a lack of control. I don't know how else to explain it. I mean it's like they can't control their own lives so they seek others that they can dominate. The weirdest thing about it is that they always seem to pick the strongest appearing people to dominate. I guess it kind of gives them a rush. I like to think of myself as a pretty strong person but my experiences would make many think otherwise. One of my best friends and I were sitting around analyzing people and seeing how people handle things differently. Its amazing how almost everyone I know is some sort of control freak and how much people hate being out of control. I think that finding your power will put you in control of so many great things that you won't need to try to control the little stuff as much. That's what I'm looking for.