Friday, April 04, 2003


Positivity


Contrary to popular belief, I am NOT a pessimist! I think that my outlook on life is generally positive :) It's funny how people who have to defend themselves from being called pessimists usually refer to themselves as "realists." Here's my take on the situation. A realist is someone who sees things the way they "are" but doesn't acknowledge the fact that positive thinking could change that "reality" very quickly.


I think that I am stuck in a rut (like I haven't been saying that for 6 years). I spend too much time surrounded by people that don't want to change their realities. They are content to walk down the same path and make the same mistakes.

In my opinion, it's one thing to be ignorant, it's completely different when the truth is right in front of you and you choose not to acknowledge it. People continue to walk around with blinders on, purposely ignoring what is going on in the world and how it affects them. These people FRIGHTEN me.

It's time for everyone (even the "realists") to wake up and see what's really going on out there. Pick up a book, a newspaper, something! Figure out what's going on so you can make real decisions. Question things once in awhile, the government, religion, yourself . The mindless sheep mentality is getting old quickly and it's leading this country straight into the ground.