Friday, March 14, 2003

I predict that the next three weeks will be a complete blur for me and I can't be happier. This weekend we're going to see the Roots, IN PHILLY of all places. That's a huge deal to me because it's something I've wanted to do for awhile now and it's finally a reality. In addition to that next Friday I leave for Vegas and Los Angeles. I can't think of two places better suited to help me stop taking life so seriously. Hopefully, I'll get to see my family that I haven't seen in ages and prove to them that I am in fact black.

I know that probably sounds strange but i haven't been there since i was about 6. As a child my parents always stressed to importance of proper grammar and communication. To that portion of my family I talked "white". They took that to mean that I (at 6 years old) thought I was better than them. My aunt at one point told my mother to take me home and bring me back when I was black. I think that I might now be black enough. We'll see though...